Childminder Assistant Employment Pack
Comprehensive pack for childminders, nurseries or other large childcare settings to assist with recruitment and staff management. Includes Application Form, Employment Contract, Induction Check-List, Staff Appraisal, Staff Policies, STAFF PRIVACY NOTICE, Record Of Work, Pay Slip, Assistant Permissions Form & MORE!
New STAFF PRIVACY NOTICE and Working With Assistants Information for Parents templates now included! Plus further updates for GDPR!
Comprehensive pack for childminders, nurseries, school clubs or other large childcare settings to assist with recruitment and staff management.
Whilst this pack has been designed primarily for childminders who employ assistants, it may also be useful for nurseries, school clubs or other large childcare settings. The majority of the documents included are editable, however, should you require further assistance to adapt any of the resources to meet the requirements of your setting, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Filling up spaces fast? Need an extra pair of hands? Looking to employ an assistant but not sure where to start?
This pack will help you put all the paperwork you require in place, leaving you to concentrate on finding the best person for the job.
Simply edit the documents as you require to suit your own business!
This pack includes all of the following:
To assist with recruitment and new staff procedures:
- Job Advertisement
- Sample Job Description – updated to make reference to GDPR
- Application Form
- Recruitment Policy
- Contract Of Employment – updated to make reference to GDPR & Staff Privacy Notice
- Induction Check-list – updated to make reference to GDPR
For time keeping and payment:
- Record Of Work / Time Sheet (includes time in sole charge of children)
- Pay Slip
For monitoring performance and CPD:
- Assistant Appraisal Form
For staff and setting management:
- Staff Privacy Notice – NEW for GDPR compliance!
- Working With Assistants Information for Parents Sheet – NEW for GDPR compliance!
- Assistant Permissions Form – To obtain parental consent for children to be left in the sole care of an assistant. – UPDATED for GDPR compliance!
- Whistle Blowing / Raising Concerns Policy
- Staff Behaviour Policy
- Staff Disciplinary Procedure
- Staff Sickness Policy
- Staff Profile Form – Summarise each staff member’s skills, qualifications and experience. Display in your setting or add to your welcome booklet to help with introducing staff members to parents and families.
- Staff Maternity Policy
- Pregnant Staff Member Risk Assessment Template
This pack will assist childcarers in putting together the paperwork required when employing an assistant. Documents should be carefully checked to ensure they are edited correctly and suitable for use in your setting.
Anyone employing staff is required to register as an employer with HMRC. For further information go to: https://www.gov.uk/register-employer
Ofsted / The Care Inspectorate must also be notified of your intention to employ an assistant and to clarify your child / staff ratios. Enhanced Disclosure Checks will be required for all childcare staff.
An EY2 form must be completed by assistants of Ofsted Registered Childcarers.
The following images show a small selection of what this pack contains. Many of the full documents are made up of 3 or 4 pages.
The Assistant Permissions Form and Record Of Work / Time Sheet are supplied as PDF Forms. Simply save to your computer then click in each area to enter information, or print out and fill in by hand.
All other documents are supplied as Microsoft Word files and are fully editable for you to tailor to your business requirements.
The download version of this pack is supplied as a ZIP FILE. Please see the FAQ page for further information.
This item has been carefully designed to assist childminders in meeting both English Ofsted and Scottish Care Inspectorate requirements.
Interested in a few of our resources? Why not become a MindingKids member? PAY JUST £30 TODAY for UNLIMITED ACCESS to EVERYTHING on the website!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.