Heads Up Everyone! We have added some NEW Policy templates to our Policies & Procedures Pack AND updated a few too!
Food Safety Policy – Describe how you follow Food Standards Agency guidance, safely cater for children with food allergies or special dietary requirements and ensure that safe and healthy practices are followed regarding the storage, preparation, handling and serving of food.
Manual Handling Policy – Explain how you safely manage the manual handling of resources and equipment within your setting to minimise the risk of injury to yourself, staff, parents or children. Describe also the correct way to lift or carry children and how manual handling techniques are discussed as part of all staff and assistant induction training.
Independent Arrival / Departure & Travel Policy – Explain that you require consent from parents who wish for their child to travel independently to or from your setting, the insurance implications and also the procedures that must be followed in order to ensure the safety of children who travel independently. See also the NEW Independent Travel Consent Form added to the Care Plans & Consents Pack!
The following policies have also been UPDATED:
- Child Protection / Safeguarding Policy – Updated to include Breast Ironing Awareness.
- Care, Learning & Play Policy (Scotland) – Updated to include moving on to school / new care setting / shared care arrangements.
- Learning & Play Policy (England) – Updated and improved to cover ‘Cultural Capital’
- Healthy Eating Policy – Updated and improved to compliment new Food Safety Policy
- Hygiene Policy – Updated and improved to compliment new Food Safety Policy
All the policies & procedures you require to run a well-organised, successful childminding business!
Easily edit each template as you require to suit your own setting and circumstances.
AND…Find the NEW Independent Travel Consent Form in the Care Plans & Consents Pack!
The NEW Food Safety Policy and Updated Healthy Eating Policy have also been added to the Healthy Eating Pack!
A Bumper Pack bursting with resources to assist you with planning meals and snacks, obtaining and managing ALLERGEN information, teaching children about healthy choices, cooking safely and maintaining good food hygiene.