Create comprehensive Learning Journals for every child in your care.
Use the documents in this pack individually or assemble together to create attractive and informative learning journal folders.
Also suitable for NURSERY settings!
This pack will help you to observe, record and share necessary information regarding a child’s learning and development progress and then plan the next steps to encourage and promote learning.
Supplied as PDF Forms, you can type in the information required or, if you prefer, print out and fill in by hand.
Pay Once and create as many learning journals as you need!
EYFS (Ofsted) and Scottish (Care Inspectorate) versions of this pack are available.
This pack contains all of the following:
- Front Cover – boy and girl version
- Learning Journal User Guide
- Development & Review Plan – Provide parents with information regarding their child’s learning journal and plan when you intend to review or update each section.
- All About Me – Record important information and details which may influence a child’s learning and development. E.g. Family details, likes and dislikes, fears, general health, abilities, behaviour issues, etc.
- Starting Points / Initial Assessment – Establish where a child is within each development area and highlight any immediate concerns.
- Learning Folder Inserts – Use to regularly to record developmental milestones or add notes, photographs, drawings, etc. about activities children have been involved in.
- Observation Report – Record how a child responds to, learns from, or behaves during a specific activity or task. (EYFS version also includes Characteristics Of Effective Learning assessment). Completed example included.
- Development Review / Next Steps Planning – Use at regular intervals throughout the year to regularly review how each child is progressing within the different areas of development. Completed examples included.
EYFS version uses the seven development areas; Personal, Social & Emotional, Communication & Language, Physical, Expressive Arts & Design, Knowledge & Understanding Of The World, Literacy & Maths.
Scottish version provides for basic areas of development (0 to 3 years); Personal, Social & Emotional, Communication & Language, Cognitive (Problem Solving), Physical (Fine Manipulative, Physical (Gross Motor)
and (3 plus years) as per the Scottish Curriculum For Excellence; Health & Wellbeing, Social, Religious & Moral Understanding, Expressive Arts, Technology, Sciences, Languages & Literacy, Mathematics & Numeracy.
All documents in this pack are supplied as PDF Forms. Simply save to your computer then click in each area to enter information, or print out and fill in by hand.
The download version of this pack is supplied as a ZIP FILE. Please see the FAQ page for further information.
This item has been carefully designed to assist childcarers in meeting both English Ofsted and Scottish Care Inspectorate requirements!
NOTE: This item is also included in the following VALUE PACKS:
You must log in to submit a review.