Snack Selector Cards
Use this colourful resource pack to involve children at snack time and let them choose what they would like to eat. Show parents and inspectors how you support children with healthy eating and involve them with menu planning.
Use this colourful resource pack to involve children at snack time and let them choose what they would like to eat.
Children will have fun learning about healthy food choices and enjoy being able to select from the foods on offer what they would really like.
Useful for young children who cannot yet express themselves through speech and also great for word recognition with older children.
Show parents and inspectors how you support children with healthy eating and involve them with menu planning.
Includes all of the following:
- 5 sheets of snack choice cards
- Blank snack choice card sheet – to make your own – Involve children further by letting them help you to cut and stick snack images onto the cards or draw on pictures of the snack foods you offer.
- Snack Choice Display Sheet plus example – make a colourful display of the snack foods on offer each day.
- What Would You Like For Snack Today? sheets plus examples. Let children choose from the foods on offer that day then stick their choices onto their snack plate. Or…use the sheets without the choice cards and simply let children draw or write down what they would like.
- Favourite Snack Foods Sheet plus example. Use the Snack Choice Cards in a different way, allowing children to simply express what are their favourite snack foods are. Great for displaying on the wall as a little reminder of what each little one likes best. Again these sheets could be used on their own for a fun colouring activity.
This resources in this pack are supplied as a PDF files and are not editable.
The sheets where there are spaces for children’s names are pdf forms. Enter names before printing or print out and complete by hand / let children practise writing their name.
Please note that parts of this resource require to be printed, cut and self assembled. For best results MindingKids recommends that you laminate the sheets and cards for improved durability. Velcro coins could be used to allow children to stick on and reselect their snack choices each day. Laminating materials and Velcro coins are not included.
This download is supplied as a ZIP FILE. Please see the FAQ page for further information.
This item has been carefully designed to assist childcarers in meeting both English Ofsted and Scottish Care Inspectorate requirements!
You may also be interested in the following resources:
Remember…MindingKids Members have UNLIMITED ACCESS to ALL MindingKids resource downloads.
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.