Care Inspectorate Self-Assessment Form – EXAMPLE Answers
Stuck on how to fill in your Self-Assessment? Use these EXAMPLE Answers to inspire you and give you an idea on the type of information you may wish to include in each section. NOW includes Care Inspectorate KEY Question 5 – COVID 19 – EXAMPLE Answers!
Care Inspectorate KEY Question 5 – COVID 19 – EXAMPLE Answers now temporarily included with this resource!
Finding your Self-Assessment Form a little overwhelming? Stuck on what to write?
Use these EXAMPLE Self-Assessment Form Answers to inspire you and give you an idea on the type of information you may wish to include in each section.
As a registered childminder in Scotland, you are required to complete a Self-Assessment Form each year.
The purpose of a Self-Assessment is to reflect on your service. It is important that you recognise your strengths and areas in which you perform well. You must also be able to highlight areas where improvements can be made so as you can plan and make changes to further enhance the quality of your service. The Care Inspectorate also require to see how you involve parents, families and any staff you employ in your self-assessment process.
The EXAMPLE Answers given in this document cover all the following topics:
- Service User Participation
- Identifying Needs / Personal Plans
- Equal Opportunities & Diversity (Including multicultural resources & promoting equality awareness)
- Promoting British Values *NEW*
- Special Educational Needs & Disabilities
- Routines & Activities
- Relationships, Trust and Support
- Meeting Nutritional Needs & Supporting Healthy Lifestyles (Including Allergen Information)
- Developing Independence
- Safeguarding & Child Protection
- Safety Awareness
- Promoting Positive Behaviour
- Use, Storage & Administration Of Medication
- Safe, Hygienic, Smoke Free, Clean and Tidy Environment
- Best Use of Space / Environment
- Homely Environment
- Minimising the Spread of Infection
- Sharing Information about Accidents & Incidents
- Changes Since Last Inspection
- Keeping Up to Date with Best Practice & Legislation
- Identifying Training Needs and Service Development
- Service Evaluation
- Feedback, Concerns & Complaints
Plus the following topics for providers who work with an assistant or other staff:
- Staff Involvement
- Safe Recruitment Of Staff
- Meeting Children’s Needs/Monitoring Staff Practice/Supervision
- Staff Development & Support
To assist you in evaluating the quality of your provision during the Coronavirus health crisis and in answering the Care Inspectorate’s Key Question 5 – How good is our care and support during the COVID-19 pandemic?
We have temporarily included Care Inspectorate KEY Question 5 – COVID 19 – EXAMPLE Answers with this resource!
Please Note: The Self-Assessment Answers given in this document are EXAMPLES and should be used only as guidance to help you with ideas for each section. Please do not copy them! You will need to create your own answers which are unique to your setting and the users of your service.
You may also be interested in the Self-Reflection Pack – Regularly assess your strengths and weaknesses. Perfect for referring back to when completing your Self Evaluation or to show as evidence on inspection.
Interested in MORE Outstanding Resources?…
Why not become a MindingKids member? PAY JUST £30 TODAY for UNLIMITED ACCESS to EVERYTHING!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.
This document is supplied as a PDF file and is not editable.
This item has been carefully designed to assist childcarers in meeting Scottish Care Inspectorate requirements! Whilst the answers have been created from a childminding perspective, much of the information may also be of interest to nurseries and other early years settings.
The purpose of this document is to give you some ideas of the type of information you may wish to include in your Self-Evaluation. These are EXAMPLE answers which are by no means conclusive, please do not copy them! Only you can decide what information you wish to include and what is important and relevant to your service.