Shark In The Park Activity Pack
Designed to complement the story Shark In The Park, this exciting activity pack can be used with or without the story to support learning about people, family, animals, prepositions, colours, numbers and discovering the world around you, whilst also building on literacy and vocabulary skills.
Designed to complement the story Shark in the Park, this exciting activity pack from Kids Club English is packed full of interactive crafts and activities that can be used to support children’s learning in a variety of ways. Use with or without the story to support learning about people, family, animals, prepositions, colours, numbers and discovering the world around you, whilst also building on literacy and vocabulary skills. While the activities are primarily designed to facilitate English language acquisition, they are also valuable materials to develop fine-motor skills, social skills and understanding of the world.
Activities are specifically designed to allow for differentiation of ability and context and come complete with comprehensive ACTIVITY SUGGESTIONS.
This pack includes ALL of the following:
- Colouring Sheets – Choose from a variety of sheets depending on ability and learning focus. Use the activity suggestions for extended learning ideas, focusing on colours, numbers, animals or word recognition.
- Find and Colour – Choose one of the templates and follow the suggestions to re-tell the story using a colouring activity. These worksheets vary in terms of difficulty. See the activity suggestions for a variety of ways to conduct this activity in an interactive way.
- Make a Telescope – Make a telescope following the directions and then play and practise with one or more of the suggested activities.
- Shark family Stick Puppets – Use the templates to make your very own shark family and follow the activity suggestions to sing and dance along to the popular Baby Shark song.
- Find and Stick Craft – Children can use the templates to create their very own Shark in the Park scene. Use the activity suggestions provided to play fun games that will support animal recognition and promote vocabulary skills.
- Graphing dice and graphing templates – Using the variety of templates provided encourage children to practise their colouring, cutting and sticking skills. Once assembled, follow the activity suggestions to play fun games while practising the target language of your choosing.
- Jigsaw Display Mural – Encourage children to work together to colour and assemble this attractive wall display. Add further to the display with the find and stick picture templates and follow the activity suggestions for fun memory and language practice activities.
- Display borders – Print and use these fun borders and posters featuring Timothy Pope to create an attractive wall display for your setting.
- Mini-book – Choose from 3 different templates, then follow the instructions to make your very own Shark in the Park Mini Book. Children can play the games suggested whilst practising their folding, cutting and sticking skills then use their finished book to retell the story.
- Shark in the Park Writing Paper – Use the most suitable templates for the children in your care for writing or drawing tasks associated with the story or language focus. Different writing guidelines are provided to vary the level of support needed. Perfect for a nice creative project related to the story.
- Matching Cards – Use these cards to play fun matching and memory games.
- Mini-cards – See the suggested games children can play while also developing word recognition and literacy skills.
- Flashcards – Use in a variety of ways to introduce and practice new language, develop literacy skills or as visual prompts for language games. They also include visual prompts to help children re-tell the key refrain that runs throughout the story.
The above images demonstrate what is provided in this pack. The entire pack contains 217 pages of information and resource templates!
Please note the Shark In The Park story is not provided with this resource but is available in major book stores.
Visit the Kids Club English Website for more Shark In The Park videos, Songs & Crafts!
This activity pack is supplied as a PDF file and is not editable.
Please note that parts of this resource require to be printed and self assembled. For best results MindingKids recommends that you laminate flash / mini / matching cards for improved durability. Laminating materials are not included.
MindingKids Gold and Platinum Members have UNLIMITED ACCESS to ALL MindingKids resource downloads.
You may also be interested in the following:
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.