School Activity Pack
This activity pack is jam packed full of fun games and ideas to encourage learning and help children to prepare for school. Excellent for supporting transition!
Created by Fiona Hunter of Kids Club English this amazing activity pack has been kindly added to MindingKids collection as another fantastic resource to support children in preparation for school.Whilst the principle focus of this pack is on school vocabulary and teaching language, the games and activities it contains are excellent for supporting transition and helping to prepare children for school. By working through the pack, children are encouraged to listen and follow instructions, maintain concentration on a given task, talk about themselves, learn about others and develop social skills. This pack includes ALL of the following:
- All About Me Mini Book – Children can create their very own mini book to describe themselves and share important information. A useful exercise for increasing confidence and self awareness before meeting new friends.
- Jigsaw – Colour & Draw – Children can familiarise themselves with items they might see at school, practice their colour recognition, cutting and problem solving skills.
- School Dominoes – A variety of options provide opportunity for children to match, practise colouring, cutting and gluing techniques, or work on their word recognition and literacy skills.
- Pencil Case – Children will enjoy this simple craft activity by carefully following instructions, measuring, cutting and sticking to create their very own pencil case.
- Playing Cards – Use these fun playing cards to involve children in a number of games that will encourage group interaction, taking turns and following instructions, whilst again building on problem solving, word recognition and literacy skills.
- Graphing Dice – Another fun craft activity that can then be used in a multitude of ways to practice vocabulary, creating sentences and counting.
- School Picture Crossword – Further familiarisation with school vocabulary.
- Wordsearches including Make your Own Wordsearch – A variety of difficulty levels are provided plus a blank wordsearch grid with picture prompts for children to make their own wordsearch. More vocabulary, word recognition and spelling practise.
- How Many? – A fun worksheet to remember school vocabulary and work on counting skills.
- School Objects Fortune Teller – Help children to create their fortune teller using folding techniques then use the activity suggestions for fun ways to practise colour, word and number recognition through a variety of learning games.
- School Matching Cards – Use these fun cards in a variety of ways at a variety of levels to further promote school vocabulary and literacy skills.
- School Mini Cards – Even more learning game suggestions!
- School Flashcards – Use in a number of ways; as visual prompts, for language games or to display in your setting.
Visit the Kids Club English Website for more School Story videos, Songs & Crafts!
Further DetailsThis activity pack is supplied as a PDF file and is not editable. Please note this resource requires to be printed and self assembled. For best results MindingKids recommends that you laminate flash / mini / matching cards for improved durability. Laminating materials are not included. Members click here to log into your Account and download!
You may also be interested in the following:
- Ready For School Workbook– Help children to prepare for school and look forward to the exciting times ahead. This fun workbook is packed full of information, activities and ideas. An excellent resource for supporting transition!
- Ready For Nursery Workbook– Help children to prepare for school and look forward to the exciting times ahead. This fun workbook is packed full of information, activities and ideas. An excellent resource for supporting transition!
OR… Why not become a MindingKids member? From just £5 per month you can get unlimited access to ALL of MindingKids downloads plus new and updated resources as they are added to the website!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.