Over In The Meadow Activity Pack
Designed to complement the story Over In The Meadow, this exciting activity pack can be used with or without the story to support learning about animals, numbers, actions, noises, habitats and nature whilst also building on literacy and vocabulary skills.
Designed to complement the story Over In The Meadow, this exciting activity pack from Kids Club English can be used to support children’s learning in a variety of ways. Use with or without the story to support learning about animals, numbers, actions, noises, habitats and nature whilst also building on literacy and vocabulary skills.
Following activities in the pack, children will also develop fine motor skills through colouring, tracing, cutting and sticking to create the various crafts whilst being encouraged to listen, follow instructions and develop social skills.
This pack includes ALL of the following:
- Meadow Scene Craft – Children can use the templates to create their very own Over In The Meadow scene or use the activity suggestions provided to play fun games that will support animal recognition and promote vocabulary skills.
- Number Match Jigsaw – Jigsaw templates are provided in both colour and black and white depending on the level of difficulty required. Follow the activity suggestions to create more learning fun with a scavenger hunt, colour dictation, jigsaw race or jigsaw craft.
- Graphing Dice – Using the variety of templates provided encourage children to practise their colouring, cutting and sticking skills. Once assembled, follow the activity suggestions for lots of fun games to promote animal and colour recognition, learn about actions and habitats whilst also practising number and vocabulary skills.
- Stick Puppets – Use the templates provided to create stick puppets to further dramatize the story. Allow children to practise their craft skills by helping to put the puppets together then see if they can follow and re-enact the rhyme using their stick characters.
- Spinner Game – Have children help follow instructions to assemble this fun spinner game. Follow the suggestions to tailor the game to the age and ability of the children playing to learn about animals, habitats, sounds and actions, practise writing, creating sentences and further vocabulary skills.
- Mini-Book – Using the templates, follow the instructions to make your very own Over In The Meadow Mini Book. Children can play the games suggested whilst practising their folding, cutting and sticking skills then use their finished book to retell the story.
- Song Flip Craft – Children will enjoy singing along to the rhyme whilst also taking part in various learning activities.
- Matching Cards – Use these cards to play fun matching and memory games.
- Mini-Cards – Mini Cards can be used to play more matching and memory games as well as developing word recognition and literacy skills.
- Flash Cards – Use in a variety of ways to introduce and practice new language, develop literacy skills or as visual prompts for language games.
Detailed instructions, activity suggestions and descriptions for each section ALSO INCLUDED!
The above image shows just a small selection of what is provided in this pack. The entire pack contains 235 pages of information and resource templates!
Please note the Over In The Meadow story is not provided with this resource but is available in major book stores.
Visit the Kids Club English Website for more Over In The Meadow Story videos, Songs & Crafts!
This activity pack is supplied as a PDF file and is not editable.
Please note that parts of this resource require to be printed and self assembled. For best results MindingKids recommends that you laminate flash / mini / matching cards for improved durability. Laminating materials are not included.
MindingKids Gold and Platinum Members have UNLIMITED ACCESS to ALL MindingKids resource downloads.
You may also be interested in the following:
In the Jungle Activity Pack – includes a ‘Walking Through The Jungle Activity Pack’ to complement the story
Elmer The Elephant Activity Pack – Use with or without the story to help children with colour recognition, understanding patterns, counting, literacy and vocabulary development whilst building on the theme that we are all unique.
Adaptable Games & Activities Book – More fun games and activity ideas to support children in each of the development areas!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.